The Paddle Steamer Maid of the Loch in Balloch is looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals (age 16+) who would like to share and extend skills in digitisation and online engagement. We are currently delivering an exciting development project to bring Loch Lomond’s paddle steamer back to life. Last year we completed a series of refurbishments including reawakening our steam engine.
We are now looking to extend our digital offer through the creation of a new interactive exhibition, digital archive and developing social media.
~What will I be doing?~
• You will be working with the heritage and events team to help develop content for a new website, mobile app and digital archive.
• Working on digitisation activities including photography, scanning and film / audio editing.
• Developing our social media presence through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok.
• Contributing to the design of marketing materials.
• Working with the heritage and events team to create an outline design for a new game.
What will I gain from the role?
• Developing new skills in digitisation, blogging and developing content for online exhibitions. Full training will be given.
• Establishing a portfolio of work which can be used for future opportunities, including approaching employers, further / higher education.
• Working as part of a team on an exciting project.
What impact will my involvement have?
• You will bring a fresh perspective towards how we engage with our audiences.
• We will be able to effectively share the heritage of the Maid of the Loch and Loch Lomond through digital channels.
~What skills are needed?~
• You will need a basic level of IT competency including the ability to use social media.
• Experience using a photo editing app would be advantageous, but not essential.
~How often will I be needed?~
• We are completely flexible. The role will be based at home with very occasional travel the Maid of the Loch. We would like at least 8hrs dedicated to the role a month, but this could vary according to your interests.
~Responding to this opportunity~
• If you’re interested in opportunity then please get in touch for an informal chat with Robin our Community Liaison and Volunteer Officer: email@example.com / 07815 312 562
Maid of the Loch is next to Lomond Shores which is well connected by public transport and 10-15 minute walk from Balloch. We also have free car parking onsite.