We are looking for Volunteer Trustees to join our current Management Committee at an exciting time in the development of The Vale of Leven Trust (VOLT). We have to date set up an Active Travel Hub temporarily located in Alexandria Town Centre. We are in the early stages of a weekend activity calendar of events for local people and the possible creation of a regular Outdoor Market. We are on the cusp of another large initiative, being a possible asset transfer of Alexandria Community Centre including setting up several social enterprise businesses. This will be informed by local consultation and feasibility studies in the town and surrounding areas over the next few months. Our day to day activities can be found on social media such as Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/valeofleventrust/) as well as twitter and Instagram. Our work has been informed by previous consultations the most prominent being our Place Standard Report undertaken in 2019 (https://bit.ly/VOLTplacestandard)
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who live or work locally and have an interest, skills or specialised knowledge in:
Marketing & Branding
IT / Data Management
Employment / Charity law
Human Resources / People Management
• The voluntary role involves a commitment to attend the quarterly Management Committee Meetings and the yearly AGM (these are generally held weekday in the evening).
• You may be asked to participate in steering or short life working groups to progress particular areas of the Management Committee’s work.
For an informal chat:
• Drop In to our Active Travel Hub (12 Mitchell Way, Alexandria G83 0LW) on Tuesday 1st & 8th February between 6 and 7pm, or
• email the Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org or
• leave your details on 01389 752629
We will arrange to meet with you at a convenient time and we look forward to hearing from you.
- We are based in the Vale of Leven (currently in Alexandria Town Centre) which is easily accessible by train, bus, bike, walking and car.
- Expenses given for travel costs.
- Minimum age 16.
- If outwith our area then it may be as a co-opted Trustee.